America’s Navy is coming to San Antonio in 2018 to help the city celebrate its tri-centennial. San Antonio is one of only 14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
San Antonio Navy Week is scheduled for Feb. 19-25, 2018, coincident with the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Sailors assigned to the city’s namesake ship, USS San Antonio, and/or the state’s namesake submarine, USS Texas
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band performances
- The Navy Ceremonial Guard Drill Team
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Navy History and Heritage Command historians and displays
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Lieutenant Junior Grade Mack Jamieson, 901-874-5823, email@example.com