America’s Navy is coming home to the Oklahoma City in 2017, one of 15 locations selected to host a Navy Week, one of the Navy’s signature outreach programs.
Oklahoma Navy Week is scheduled for September 18 – 24, 2017, coincident with the Oklahoma State Fair and is designed to give residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans will typically include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- The Navy Parachute Team, the Leap Frogs
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band musical performances
- Senior Navy Leadership
- USS Constitution Sailors
- Namesake Sailors
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local organizations
- Visits with local veterans
More information will be added as available.