For the sixth time since 2007, the Navy the nation needs is coming to the Sooner State for Navy Week. Sailors from across the United States are coming to Oklahoma City, May 27-June 2, to show the Navy to the community.
Navy Weeks are the service’s signature outreach program and allow the Navy to build and strengthen ties to the community.
Oklahoma City Navy Week is scheduled to feature:
- Senior Navy leadership
- Sailors from locally assigned units such as Strategic Communications Wing (STRATCOMMWING) 1
- Sailors from the oldest warship afloat, USS Constitution
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band Southwest performances
- Ceremonial Guard Drill Team performances
- Sailors from Navy Meteorological and Oceanographic Command
- Local recruiters and U.S. Naval Academy admissions representatives
- Office of Small Business Programs symposium
The Navy’s flight demonstration squadron “Blue Angels” are also slated to be the featured performers at the Star Spangled Salute.
For more information contact: Lt. John Stevens, 901-874-7048, email@example.com