America’s Navy is coming home to Tampa Bay in 2018, one of only 14 Navy Weeks selected this year.
Tampa Bay Navy Week is scheduled for May 7-13, 2018, coincident with the Tampa Bay Airfest, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- U.S. Navy Parachute Team, the Leap Frogs
- Sailors assigned to the state’s namesake submarine, USS Florida
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band performances
- Navy Oceanography/Meteorology boats, scientists and displays
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Navy History and Heritage Command historians and displays
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Lt. Cmdr. Brett Dawson, 901-874-7048, firstname.lastname@example.org