America’s Navy is coming home to Salt Lake City in 2017, one of 15 cities selected to host a Navy Week, one of the Navy’s signature outreach programs.
Salt Lake City Navy Week is scheduled for September 11-17, 2017, coincident with The Great Utah State Fair, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Senior Navy Leadership
- U.S. Parachute Team, the Leap Frogs
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band musical performances
- USS Constitution Sailors
- Hometown Sailors
- Navy STEM simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to youth programs
- Community service projects and events with local organizations
- Participation from local Navy Reserve Sailors
- Visits with local veterans
More information will be added as available.