America’s Navy is coming home to Indianapolis in 2017, one of 15 cities selected to host a Navy Week, one of the Navy’s signature outreach programs.
Indianapolis Navy Week is scheduled for August 7-13, 2017, coincident with the Indiana State Fair, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- USS Constitution Sailors
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band musical performances
- Senior Navy Leadership
- Namesake Sailors with ties to the local area or region
- Navy Aircraft and aviators
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local organizations
- Visits with local veterans
More information will be added as available.