America’s Navy is coming to Albuquerque in 2018. Albuquerque is one of only 14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
Albuquerque Navy Week is scheduled for September 8-16, 2018, coincident with the New Mexico State Fair, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Sailors assigned to the state’s namesake ship, USS New Mexico (SSN 779)
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal team
- Navy Band performances
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Office of Small Business Programs
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Lieutenant Junior Grade Davis Anderson, 901-874-7070,