America’s Navy is coming home to Cleveland in 2018, one of only14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
Cleveland Navy Week is scheduled for August 27-September 2, 2018, coincident with the Cleveland National Air Show, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity. The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- Navy Band performances
- Senior Navy Leadership
- Sailors assigned to the state’s namesake submarine, USS Ohio
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Oceanography/Meteorology scientists and displays
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Navy History and Heritage Command historians and displays
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator.
For more information contact Lieutenant David Carter, 901-874-5590, email@example.com