America’s Navy is coming home to Chattanooga in 2018, one of only 14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
Chattanooga Navy Week is scheduled for June 11-17, 2018, coincident with the Riverbend Festival, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Senior Navy Leadership
- Sailors assigned to the state’s namesake submarine, USS Tennessee
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- Navy Band performance
- Navy Oceanography/Meteorology scientists and displays
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- Navy History and Heritage Command historians and displays
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Lieutenant David Carter, 901-874-5590, firstname.lastname@example.org