America’s Navy is coming to Birmingham in 2018 as part of America’s Navy outreach. Birmingham is one of only 14 cities selected to host a Navy Week this year.
Birmingham Navy Week is scheduled for Apr. 9-15, 2018, coincident with the Blue Angels air show in Tuscaloosa, and is designed to give area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people and its importance to national security and prosperity.
The Navy plans to include the following elements in the week-long celebration:
- Sailors assigned to the city’s namesake ship, USS Alabama
- Navy Divers and Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams
- U.S. Navy Parachute Team “The Leap Frogs”
- Navy Band performances
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the world’s oldest commissioned warship afloat
- Navy Medicine personnel
- The Navy’s new virtual reality simulator
For more information contact Mr. Gary Ross, 901-874-7069, Gary.email@example.com